Tuesday, January 17, 2006

1/15/06 - Domaine de Balandran


Greetings!
This is a trial issue of what I hope will be a more user-friendly version of my weekly e-mail.
Please let me know what you think!

Here are some more interesting, off-the-beaten-path wines that you might enjoy yourself or with friends.

Domaine de Balandran is a small winery in France’s Rhone Valley, where the main red grapes grown are Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault and Mourvedre, and the main white grapes are Marsanne and Roussanne, with Viognier being grown in Condreau and Cote-Rotie.
Small production and attention to quality are Domaine de Balandran's hallmarks.


2004 Domaine de Balandran Les Mugues" Blanc – Crisp and refreshing, with peach and melon flavors followed by a nice bitter almond note on the finish. I'd be happy paying up to $30 for a bottle, but your cost is only $14.50

2003 Domaine de Balandran "Vielles Vignes" - (The Vielles Vignes means "Old Vines")
Really ripe and focused with blackberry and raspberry fruit supported by fine cocoa powder, tar and mineral flavors. Ripe, fleshy finish. Shows the quality of the vintage in an immediately accessible format.. I'd be happy paying up to $35 for this wine, but it can be yours for only $23.50

I can guarantee these prices if I place your order at Houston Wine Merchant
If you'd like these, or any other wines, don't hesitate to contact me.
As always, thanks for your time, and enjoy your wine!
Cheers,
Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home