Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Terra Valentine


Greetings!
Valentine’s Day will soon be upon us, so over the next few weeks I’m going to recommend some wines that are fit for the occasion.

Of course nothing seems more obvious than a nice red wine from Terra Valentine, and I’ve been a fan of theirs since discovering them four years ago.
(To learn more, go to http://www.terravalentine.com/ )
Although they make several wines, there is currently only one available in Houston, and that is their “entry level” “Spring Mountain District” Napa Cab Sauv.

Not to worry, the 2002 vintage is terrific. Although I haven’t tasted any yet, I’m confident of their quality based on the consistency of their past vintages, and I’ve found a few reviews that seem to bear that out.
Here they are:

2002 Terra Valentine Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon

91 points ~ The Beverage Testing Institute

Exceptional **** – “Ripe and sturdy, with plenty of depth and extract” ~ Decanter Magazine

94 points – “This has the intensity of well-grown mountain fruit, with rose-like floral scents over mouthwatering red and black berry flavore. A wine for friends and grilled lamb chops” – Wine and Spirits Magazine

There is an introductory price on this wine that I think will disappear once the error is found, but for now, I can get it for you for $25 a bottle! (It’s usually around $35)

If you’d like any of this, just let me know and I’ll place your order at Houston Wine Merchant. Once it arrives, we’ll let you know and you can go pick it up.

As always, thanks for your time, and enjoy your wine!
Cheers,Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home